Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Jeff Recommends: State Legislature.

Short and sweet this time – For the fighting 47th District, Washington State Legislature, positions 1 and 2, I present the Team Supreme – Geoff Simpson and Pat Sullivan.

Simpson stepped into the shoes of Phil Fortunato (cleaning them out first) shortly after I came out here, and has proved a dynamic, positive representative in Position 1. He has been unafraid of taking on larger issues in the state (drugs from Canada) while tending to his constituents needs. I’m thinking of joining the Fire Department just so, when he runs for higher office, I can get free press on FOX News by dissing him in my new book “Geoff Simpson: Not All That”.

Sullivan has been the Rodney Dangerfield of the race. I make fun of his apparent youth (he's actually older than I am) and the Seattle Weekly gets his gender wrong. The truth of the matter is that he will be an improvement over our current Rep in Position 2, who has made a good career out of supporting Boeing, who in turn has rewarded him moving a lot of its jobs out of the district. Sullivan will make a good back-up for Simpson, padawan to his jedi master. (well, that locks up the Geek vote).

More later,