Haster at Sixteen - So, it's been sixteen years since we brought Hastur home from the pet store, a tiny adorably gooney torbie kitten just a few weeks old. Over time she's gon...
1 week ago
IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blowBy: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
A Roleplaying Game is
A social activity in which the players engage in mental competition according to agreed-upon rules, in which the players take on artificial personas which have an effect on that competition.
Social Activity - must include others.
Mental - Relies on communication skills as opposed to physical attributes of the players
Competition - There is a rewards system inherent within the game.
Agreed Upon Rules - Previously determined porscribed activities with the game, in the form of a rulebook or generally agree-upon behavior.
Artificial Personas - Within the game, the player pretends to be someone he is not.
Which have an Effect - That persona affects the nature of the game itself.
A TSR Roleplaying Game is:
An RPG that in addition to the previous definition, has the following elements:
- One player in plays a co-ordination and storytelling role, known as the dungeon master or moderator.
- There is a conflict and event resolution system which is a combination of agreed-upon moderator fiat and randomized factors.
- Playing the game entails willing suspension of disbelief among the players for common experience, the full nature of which is unknown to the individual players at the start of the game.
- The game is expandable in that it encourages serial, episodic play
- The game has common rules to the game that may be taken from playgroup to playgroup.
- The game places the non-moderated personas in heroic, dynamic roles.
- The game encourages players to interact with the game when in non-social settings.
- There is no universal requirements as far as components or presetation of TSR Roleplaying Game.
|This was the edition I read. Can't say I|
like the cover, but it is difficult to
portray someone falling down an
iron spiral staircase.