Monday, March 13, 2006

Inch by Inch

So yesterday I am working (my weekends have been filled with lashing myself to the computer, but that is another tale), and the Lovely Bride calls - she is teaching a seminar for her tax preparers and needs to be reminded what the lyrics of "Inch by Inch" are.

And without thinking I rattle off:

Inch by inch, row by row
Gonna make this garden grow
Gonna mulch it deep and low
Gonna make it fertile ground

Inch by inch, row by row
Please bless these seeds I sow
Please keep them safe below
'Till the rain comes tumbling down

(this is the David Mallet version sung by Arlo Guthrie on the Precious Friends album, Copywrite Cherry Lane Music Corp)

Now, I have a hard time remembering where the car keys are, or to take my cell phone with me (another requirement for life, and another story), and I can remember this.

And of course, since dredging it up, it is caught in my brain. And probably yours too.

More later,