Monday, February 01, 2016

The Gaming News: Departures and Arrivals

Just one item, but it is a doozy.

February 12th will be my last day at ArenaNet. I have been here nearly a decade, and am extremely proud of what I and my co-workers have achieved in creating a deep, engaging MMO with broad appeal. I know that both Tyria and Guild Wars are in good hands with my departure. Over the years, ArenaNet has put together an amazing team of talented individuals and empowered them to create cool things.
And so it begins ...

February 15th will be my first day at Amazon Game Studios. I have accepted a position as senior narrative designer. I can't say much at this point, but readers of this blog know that I rarely share information until it is time to do so (So yeah, you'll find out what I'm working on when it ships). I'm really looking forward to the new opportunities (though not, of course, the commute).

It is a start of a new chapter in my life. I am both thrilled and terrified by the possibilities.

More later,