Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Political Desk: Judges

In Washington State, we elect our Judges. I'm good with that, and it is part of the direct democacy that works for us. And I say this fully admitting that a LOT of positions don'r even have two candidates in them. I will only cover those that have compeititve races here.

When I recommend Judges, I keep a tab open to VotingForJudges.org, which does a nifty job aggregating the important endorsements for the various positions. Unless the candidate in question has other black marks against them, I tend to listen to it. It has served me well, and should work for your locality.

State Supreme Court Justice Position No. 3 - Raquel Montoya-Lewis
State Supreme Court Justice Position No. 6 - G. Helen Whitener

Superior Court Judge Position No. 12 -  Andrea Robertson
Superior Court Judge Position No. 30 - Doug North, though his opponent, Carolyn Ladd, also gets extremely high marks. This is a toss-up, but I give it to Judge North based on his experience. 

Finally, we sum up.

More later,