Sunday, July 28, 2024

The Political Desk: The Jeff Recommends

 Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. 

The past few weeks have been interesting, politically. An assassination attempt, a stepping down, a stepping up, a convention, a former VP candidate and a weird VP candidate. Here we though things would be boring. And yet we have the same ballot, and the same deadline.  

My own notes started here, and include a lot of other links for people who want to dig deeper into matters. I just dropped off my own ballot at one of the many drop boxes throughout the county (I mean, it is SO easy to vote, more people should do it). Here are my recommendations. You can check out various entries elsewhere on the blog for details. 

US Senator: Marie Cantwell

US Representative, 9th District: Melissa Chaudry

Governor: Bob Ferguson

Lt. Governor: Danny Heck

Secretary of State: Steve Hobbs

Attorney General: Nick Brown

State Treasurer: Mike Pellicciotti

State Auditor: Pat (Patrice) McCarthy

Commissioner of Public Lands: Patrick DePoe

Superintendent of Public Instruction: Chris Reydal

Insurance Commissioner: Patty Kuderer

State Senator, District 11: Bob Hasegawa

State Representative, District 11: David Hackney

State Representative, District 11: Dave Berquist

State Supreme Court: Sal Mungia 

Like the line-up? Go vote. Think I'm full of beans? Go vote. Whatever you think, this is your chance to impact who we are voting for in November. You've got a week to make up your mind.

Go vote.

More later,