Monday, July 18, 2011

What I've Been Up To

Things have been fairly quiet up on Grubb Street, but mostly because I've been busy with a number of other things. But I do want to call out a few items of public interest involving Guild Wars:

Ghosts of Ascalon, by Matt Forbeck and myself, has been nominated for a Scribe Award from the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers (IAMTW) in the Best Speculative Original Work category. I mentioned it here before, but the awards will be presented at the San Diego Comics Con this Friday. In addition, there's a round-table discussion from all the nominees here.

Second, the gang ArenaNet has moved into new digs, and brought in some of the press for a tour. Here's the one from The MMO Report which features yours truly and Colin Johanson talking about the game. WARNING: The Lovely Bride watched this, and made the comment "White is not a forgiving color for you."



Also in the Guild Wars department, our head honcho Mike O'Brien got a major writeup in this morning's Seattle Times business section, talking about working for a larger organization like NCSoft.

And finally, this has been bouncing around for a while, but I have hesitated from sharing it. Two years ago, at Cologne, there was a great photo of Randy Price, Chris Lye, Martin Kerstein, Daniel Dociu and myself. Someone took the characters from that shot and converted them into ... into .... well, you'll just have to watch it.



I find it ... mesmerizing.

More later,