Friday, December 26, 2003

The Five



From this week's Friday Five.

1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? I'd say the work I did for the 'Kids. I think I did a good job, and I think people will like it. They are already releasing news about the DC Heroclix: Unleashed set on the Wizkids site, and its getting a very positive response (I particularly enjoy the Hal vs. Kyle Green Lantern arguments - for the record, I voted for Kyle). There are a couple more things that will be coming out that have not been announced.

2. What was your biggest disappointment? Definitely the layoff from Wizkids. Quick, sudden, and unexpected. Even so, it wasn't the worst moment of my life or my career. The worst part of it was the huggamugga caused me to blow a short story deadline, for which I am terminally embarassed (though the editor held the door open for me long enough for me squeeze in, I don't like running things that fine).

3. What do you hope the new year brings? I get back up again. The old saying is - "Failure is not being knocked down - Failure is not getting up again once you've been knocked down." That's a motto I can get behind, along with "Living well is the best revenge."

4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be? I rarely do - they set one up for regrets later. So while I could shed a ten-spot worth of poundage or relearn to play the piano, I will try the following: "Play more games". Particularly the video ones (which aren't really games, but that's another story entirely).

5. What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Um, playing games. Probaby European Board Games.

More later,