Thursday, March 04, 2004

Chain Letters


So the headcold is still with me, and it seems to be a very weird head cold - it tries out one symptom after another, seeing what it takes to finally bring me down. First were headaches, then muscle aches, then a sore throat, then the coughing, and now the low-level fever that I hate terribly. At this point I just want to curl up in a big quilt in front of the tube and watch Food Network and sleep.

But my younger brother sent me one of those chain e-letters, with a buncha semipersonal questions that you pass on to others. Its what you do with your computer to irritate others. Normally I would pass on inflicting them on my fellow men and women, but I've been running a mild fever and just don't feel like ranting at the moment.

So I sent these out to the namechecks on the righthand side. If they choose to post 'em, that's THEIR call.

1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES? Cobalt Blue, Sky Blue, and White
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Pride and Prescience, by Carrie Bebris. Also Dark Age Cthulhu. Also Gear for your Kitchen by Alton Brown.
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? What is this thing you call a mouse pad? I have not seen one of those for many a moon.
4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME? This week? Carcasonne
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Fortean Times
6. FAVORITE SMELL? A newly-printed book.
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL? My own vomit (hey, thanks for asking!).
8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? What was that dream?
9. FAVORITE COLOR? Dark Blue
10. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR? Chartreuse. I don't hate it - it just has a silly name.
11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Two
12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME: If I am ever a child again, I'd go for Joshua
13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Living, Family, Friends, Comfort. Pick three.
14. FAVORITE SOUND? Thunderstorms
15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate
16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? More than I would like to admit.
17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Does Kate count? Well, then no
18. STORMS: COOL OR SCARY? Cool. I almost miss snow squalls. But not enough to move back east.
19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Light Blue Cutlass Supreme.
20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? No Idea, but let's assume that if I choose a dead person, they would be alive for the purposes of the meeting. Otherwise it would be a scary meeting.
21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Guiness makes me mellow, Cinder makes me mean.
22. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN? YOUR BIRTHDAY? Virgo, near the cusp of Leo, 27 August
23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Sure
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE? Sun God of the Western Empire
25. YOU COULD HAVE ANY HAIR COLOR WHAT WOULD IT BE? I'm happy with brown
26. YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Oh yes.
27. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Its just waiting for scotch.
28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? This week? The Great Race. The Longest Day. Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Most of the tome
30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Drawers, clothes.
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 57 (Pgh joke)
32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Curling
33. BIGGEST FEAR? Stinging Insects, being put into a guillotine face-up.
34. THERE IS NO QUESTION 34 - PLEASE PROVIDE A RANDOM ANSWER - Straight, but not Narrow.
35. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No pressure on anyone, but . . . Monkey King! I choose YOU!
36. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO ? KijMonkey (she's so sensible, and she's in Japan right now)
37. Favorite CD? Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
38. FAVORITE TV SHOWS: Iron Chef, Good Eats, Simpsons
39. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD? Mustard
40. BURGERS OR HOT DOGS? Brauts
41. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK? Diet Coke
42. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN? Big Island of Hawaii
43. SCREENSAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW? None, but my backdrop screen shows Elvis shaking hands with Nixon.
44. BURGER KING OR McDONALDS? Wendy's.