Friday, October 17, 2003

Work-Related


The company I work for has just anounced that it will be doing Major League Baseball SportsClix. This has been a been a big project that everyone involved has been working on for months, and its nice to be able to talk about it.

The only change we've had to make as a result of the playoff is that the product being sold in Chicago will have to increase the size of the warning about "Choking Hazard".

The Blog Goes Ever On and On


So I'm having lunch with a friend yesterday, and I mention I am blogging and he asks what's it about, and I say mostly personal stuff, some local politics, a few reviews, and my new-found professing of Republicanism.

"Oh," he said. "You me like that guy. And he named that guy.

"That guy?" I raised an eybrow, suspicious.

"Yeah, that guy." said my friend. He's been doing that bit for months, now.

So I checked it out, and, yeah, that guy has been proclaiming his new-found Republicanism for months now. And he's made a couple of the same points, but is a tad bit wittier, which makes sense given the fact he has to do it on a more regular basis (he says that as a Republican intellectual, its easier to be "the tallest tree in the forest, if you take his meaning.")

Now as a Republican, I welcome all these Garrison-Come-Latelies to the party, even those who got there before me. But I'm going to leave deep Republican thought to that guy, since he can explain it better, and besides, being on NPR, he has to deal with a rougher crowd (I hear that Terry Gross is hard as nails).

Back to local politics for me.

This just In - Irony not Dead


OK, one more shot. This one is coming off the wire from Knight Ridder and is being noted elsewhere:

Bush told his senior aides on Tuesday that he "didn't want to see any stories" quoting unnamed administration officials in the media anymore, and if he did, there would be consequences, a senior administration official who asked that his name not be used told Knight Ridder.

You know, you're SUPPOSED to at least let them get out of the paragraph before letting reality break in.

More later,