Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Week That Was

Well, it has been a full week, as they say.

A great deal of it has been preparation for the new job. Part of that is paperwork, but part of it is also embracing the learning curve of the game. Not just playing the game, but taking it apart and seeing how information is presented. I am not nearly far enough along, but I am getting the hang of it.

The biggest part of the week was wrapping up as much freelance as possible in the short time left. I have been very busy on the three halves nature of freelance (getting the job, doing the job, and getting paid for the job), and the week has been a combination of extricating myself from future work, finishing existing work, and getting all the invoices in place for final turnover. The end result hasn't given me nearly enough time to enjoy my flex-timed freelancing.

And I have to reflect on all the things I did NOT get accomplished during this time of working at home, including things like daily walks (too rainy or cold for the past two months), cleaning out the downstairs archive room, putting stuff on Ebay, tidying up my home office, baking bread, and reading James Joyce's Ulysses. On the other hand, I did get to 52nd level with my priest in World of Warcraft, and the cats have come to enjoy having someone in the house to drag the string around on their command.

Tomorrow morning, into the breach.

More later,