Thursday, March 16, 2006

Blast from the Past

There are all sorts of strange things in the Blogosphere.

Case in point - I've been bouncing around looking for comics blogs, in particularly ones that do current reviews. Among those I found were 2 Guys Buying Comics, which I have been enjoying for the past month or so. I've been doing the lurking this, enjoying the mix of new reviews and comments on old stuff.

So imagine my surprise when one the guys (Chris) digs up his old Marvel Super Heroes Adventure gamebooks to review. These were sort of "advanced choose your own adventure" books that used stats and dice. Some of them were written (nearly) 20 years ago by myself and the Lovely Bride - I did the first Spider-Man book, while the Lovely Bride wrote the Captain America and X-Men books. But the rest of the authors are sort of an All-Star Squadron - Jim Ward, Matt Costello, Allen Varney, Warren Spector, and Peter David (just as he was breaking out as an author).

Now Chris digs them up with eye towards "Gee, I once thought these were cool", but reports that the books have held up well, and the ARE still cool. Which delights me to no end. We wrote them with respect of the characters and a love of comics, and I think its shows, after all these years.

But nearly 20 years ago. Scares the heck out of me to say it like that.

More later.