Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mental Ipod

So I mentioned "Inch by Inch" the other day, and how effortlessly it came to mind and then, of course, refused to leave. And I found myself humming, singing, or whistling the tune over the next day or so.

So I started to wonder what OTHER songs I was continually singing. So kept a running list.

Now, I definitely come by this behavior honestly, from my father, though if it is Nature or Nurture, I have no idea. He would always walk through the house singing - two favorites were "Tiny Bubbles" and "Puff the Magic Dragon" (Though I have to wonder if my entire adult life and livelihood is a passionate rejection of the downer ending of that song). So the idea of singing bits of songs in public and private is completely normal to me.

Anyway, here's my onboard play list that I have gone through over the past day. Some of this was sung, hummed, or whistled in the car on the way too/from work, but most of these crimes against mental health were foisted upon fellow workers, for which they have my apologies:

Inch By Inch (Arlo Guthrie)
Rock and Roll All Night (KISS)
Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore (another fave of my Dad's)
Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones)
Ring of Burning Fire (Johnny Cash)
Sweet Caroline (Bom! Bom! BOM!)
Funkytown
When Doves Cry (Prince -Thanks Miranda)
Theme from A-Team (On a co-worker's cell phone)
Dah-Do-Ron-Ron-Ron-Ron-Do-Ron-Ron
You Can't Roller Skate Through A Buffalo Herd
The Railroad Runs Through the Middle of the House
Rain in Africa (Toto - boy I'm embarrassed)
(Feels Like) Letting Go (Paul McCartney)
Time Warp (Rocky Horror Soundtrack)
Winter Wonderland
Boy in the Bubble (Paul Simon)
Only in Kenya (Go here and enjoy)
National Geographic Theme Song

Who needs a Ipod when you have this? (Bom! Bom! BOM!)

More later,